Please follow these simple steps when you’re ready to take body measurements. Have your dancer wear undergarments or a lightweight leotard with a bra that gives the bust line their typical shape for most accurate measurements.
- Have your dancer stand straight with their weight evenly distributed.
- The measurement tape should be snug but not too tight on circumference measurements and stretched tight for vertical measurements.
Getting the Measurements:
- Bust/Chest – Measure over the fullest part of the chest having the dancer's arms relaxed at their sides.
- Waist – Measure around where the waist naturally indents. Keep your finger between the tape and their belly.
- Hips – Measure around the fullest part of the hips and buttocks while your dancer stands with their heels together.
- Girth – Measure from the midpoint on the shoulder towards the front, through the crotch and back around to meet the midpoint of the shoulder. Watch this How to Measure Girth video for a demonstration.
- Inseam – Measure from the crotch to the bottom. The inseam length is the number of inches, to the nearest half-inch.